IF YOUR CONTROLLER DOES NOT HAVE A “PROG / RUN” SWITCH ON THE TOP YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE ARDUINO BEFORE UPLOADING, OR YOU RISK DAMAGING THE DISPLAY.
- REMOVE ARDUINO
- UPLOAD CODE
- RECONNECT ARDUINO
THE NEW CONTROLLERS HAVE A SMALL SWITCH ON THE TOP THAT ENABLE YOU TO PUT IT IN PROG MODE WHICH KILLS THE COMMUNICATION TO THE DISPLAY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE ARDUINO TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE. YOU MIGHT SEE SOME FLICKER ON THE DISPLAY WHEN IN PROG MODE, THIS IS NORMAL.
- PUT TOP SWITCH IN PROG MODE
- PLUG CONTROLLER INTO COMPUTER VIA USB
- UPLOAD CODE
- PUT TOP SWITCH IN RUN MODE
ChronoTimer Firmware. V 1.3.7!Download
Latest and greatest. FIxed 2 issues that I discovered when using A-B keyframing on the lead-screw rail, once which cause a problem when going longer distances, another which was updating the display when it should not have been. Unless you have been trying unsuccessfully to do longer A-B keyframes on the rails there is no reason to update to this version. But you are welcome to do it anyway, read the instructions! do NOT update without settting the controller in PROG mode or removing the arduino if no Prog/Run switch is available. Older large button controllers can generally be updated without fear of damaging the display.
ChronoTimer Firmware. V 1.3.5!Download UPLOADED 7/12/2014 V1.3.5 <- USE THIS!
Download UPLOADED 5/5/2014 (1.3.4, this has a bug in endless shooting which can possibly cause double exposures, use 1.3.5 instead, if you find a fatal bug in 1.3.5 move back to 1.3.4 and notify me, but 1.3.5 should be legit.)
This is the newest, there is a AB Keyframing bug fix, as well as Endless Shooting and Backlash Compensation. Read the release notes in the ZIP file for more information, email me with any questions. Please follow the upload process detailed above. This is an OPTIONAL update, unless using a lens apparatus this is probably not needed at all.
ChronoTimer Firmware. V 1.3.1
This is the newest version of the code, it includes a far more robust CONT mode to support the Lens Apparatus as well as a newly designed calibration mode. Its all in the manual. Email me with any questions.
Notable updates: ChronoTimer 1.3.1
1) enables the ability to change the default config from 360 frames, 5 sec intervals, etc to your own preference. SHOT, DIST, INT, DEL, are all permamantly adjustable now. Simple move the Mode dial to the desired mode, adjust to the new value, then press and HOLD “SET” until you see it move from the right to the left. That value will not be the new permanent value.
2) New RUNTime mode. This enables you to set the total time lapse run time. The system will figure out the Intervals for you. To set this up, In calibration mode, find RUNT, set this to ON, press SET, then RES. Now “INT” will display as “RUNt”. It contains the same selectable values as INT, so at first you are just selecting seconds. Move it up to minutes, or even hours. When the “.” on the bottom right is lit you are looking at HH:MM (Hour:Minutes) instead of MM:SS (Minutes:Seconds).
3) Aftershot buffer is permamantly adjusted and will retain the new value through resets. The aftershot buffer is the amount of time the system waits after the shutter closes to move and is in BULB mode, adjust with < and >. This is largely unchanged except it will not default back to the .25 seconds when reset.Be sure to downloadboth the files and the library, extract the library into a folder named Cyberlib under Arduino>Libraries> then restart the Arduino IDE. Check for library tutorial at www.arduino.cc if you have any problems
Download Chronotimer 1.3.1. Latest version
Download Chronotimer 1.2.7.Download Chronos 2.0 Jan 23 Firmware (Older firmware)
Download Upload Instuctions for MAC OS
Download Upload Instructions for PC
Download Cyberlib Library. (Needed for ChronoTimer file upload, see instructions)
DIY ChronoController construction manual
Test and Calibration Tool
This is a tool to load on the controller if you are building your own and certain buttons or features are not working. This will show you the values of the buttons, potentiometers, and limit switches.
ChronoTimer 1.3 Manual
ChronoTimer Manual (Pre 1.3)
Dani Saez Chronos DXF filesDownload
A Big THANK YOU for Dmitriy for his help in reducing wasted code and freeing up space, this was very appreciated!
Thank you Ilya for your suggestions on 4, 5 and 6. Those were great ideas and I appreciate the input!